Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 September 2013

The trouble with holidays...

  1. Break from study, pros and cons
  2. Reading for pleasure versus reading for research. Is there a difference?
  3. Hitting the ground running once again
Well this was a list of notes I'd prepared for another post, probably some time in July. Shall I try and remember what I was going to say?

There's always a problem with holidays. On the one hand, they are much needed, to refresh and recreate, sooth the senses and recoup energy levels.

On the other, the brain calms down and its hard to rev it up again.

So, do you take reading with you? Or rest the brain properly and give yourself space to really think?

During two separate weeks away, I opted for the latter. But this means I've allowed some thoughts to get through, sparked a few new ones, and prepared mentally for the next stage.

And the answer to question 2 is.....? To be decided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment